Friday, January 8, 2016

A Prayer for Friday, January 8, 2016

Meaning

O God,

What does it mean to be a Christian?

What does it mean to follow Jesus?

What does it mean to be in the world but not of it?

What does it mean to take up my cross?

What does it mean to have you dwell in me?

What does it mean to give up my life?

What does it mean to do your will?

What does it mean to love you with everything I am?

What does it mean to love my neighbor as myself?

What does it mean to trust in you?

What does it mean to die with Jesus?

What does it mean to be raised to new life in Christ?

What does it mean to walk the narrow path?

What does it mean to do justice?

What does it mean to love kindness?

What does it mean to walk humbly with you?

What does it mean to have the mind of Christ?

Help me, O God, to grow a little in my understanding every day.

Then help me, O God, to live in light of what I learn.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment