Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Prayer for Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Gullible

O God,

Sometimes I am going to be gullible. Sometimes I am going to be too trusting so that I too easily believe what someone tells me.

I suppose I should ask you to keep me from being gullible. But something else seems more important.

Keep my gullibility from being motivated by fear or anger. Don’t let me believe those who confirm and feed my fears. Don’t let me listen to discouraging naysayers.

Instead, let my gullibility be motivated by love and hope. Let me quick to believe those whose words are inspired by love and driven by hope. Make me willing to believe those who believe that things can be better and who want to make things better.

Don’t let me too gullible.

But when I am, let it be for the right reasons.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment