Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Prayer for Wednesday, August 12, 2015

To Be Aware

O God,

Help me today and all days to be aware.

Help me to be aware that I am in the world.

Because I am in the world, what happens in the world affects me.
Because I am in the world, I can affect what happens in the world.
So help me to be aware of what is happening and alert to what I can do to help.

Help me to be aware that I am in community.

Because I am in community, I am not in this life alone.
I am a part of my family community, my local community, my church community, and my work community.
Let me offer myself to my various communities freely; let me accept their help gladly.

Help me to be aware that I am in the kingdom.

Because I am the kingdom, you are always my God and I am always your child.
My values, my motives, and my choices are determined by my following of Jesus.
Help me always to be aware of your Spirit’s guidance, correction, and encouragement.

Help me today and all days to be aware …

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment