Friday, July 24, 2015

A Prayer for Friday, July 24, 2015

Me

O God,

It’s all about me.

I don’t mean for it to be;
I don’t even want it to be.

But from my perspective,
things happen to me.

I evaluate events in terms
of how they affect me.
I respond to people according
to how they treat me.

Whatever I experience,
whatever I encounter,
whatever I endure,

I do it as me.

So the only thing I know to do
is to ask you to work on me.

Form me, make me, and shape
me into someone who loves,
who cares, and who gives.

Help me to grow into someone
who serves and sacrifices with
less and less thought of myself.

I know I’ll always be me.
I know I’ll never stop caring about me.
I know I’ll always want what’s best for me.

So let me see and live my
life the way that Jesus
shows me is the best way;
let me be someone who lives
for you and for others.

In the long run, that’s the
best way for me to be me . . .

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment