Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Prayer for Thursday, June 4, 2015

Passing

O God,

On the one hand, I am just passing through.

On the other hand, I will only pass this way once.

So while I am passing through this world,
help me to make the most of it.

Help me

to love deeply,
to care fervently,
to help committedly,
to share generously,
and
to live boldly.

Help me to live so that when I pass away
I will have lived as full a life as I possibly could.

Help me to live so that when I pass on,
the faith, hope, and love in which I have lived
will have me well prepared for what comes next.

Help me to live so that when I pass from the scene,

I will pass down

some memories that will be worth remembering,
some values that will be worth preserving,
some practices that will be worth continuing,
and
some projects that will be worth developing.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment