Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Prayer for Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Thirtieth Day of Lent

O God,

Remove from me anything that stands in the way of my loving you with my entire being and of my loving my neighbor as I love myself.

Take away anything in my thoughts, in my motives, in my attitudes, in my emotions, in my words, and in my actions that interferes with my ability to love you and to love others.

But don’t just take away anything that stands in the way of love; fill me up with everything that opens up the way to love.

Fill me with understanding, with empathy, and with compassion. Fill me with a desire to serve, to help, and to give. Fill me with grace, with mercy, with hope, and with peace.

Fill me so full of the things that make for love that there is no room left for the things that stand in its way.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment