Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Prayer for Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Peace

O God,

Forgive me for when I have been motivated by selfishness to plead for peace in my heart and especially for when I thought of such peace as a path to the avoidance of pain, both that of me and of others.

I still want peace in my heart. I still beg for peace in my heart.

But now I pray for peace in my heart so that I can with a clear mind and a focused will immerse myself in the pain that belongs to me and especially in the pain that belongs to other people.

Now I pray for peace that will set me free to pay full attention to what others are going through and what this world is going through so that I can, unhindered by fear, do my part in what you are doing about it.

Give me peace for your sake and for the sake of the world.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment