Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Prayer for Saturday, December 22, 2012

Twenty-first Day of Advent

O God Who Comes,

As we look for Jesus to come, remind us of what you have told us:

“In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me; because I live, you also will live. On that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you” (John 14:19-20).

“To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27).

“Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me” (Matthew 25:40).

As we look for you in the manger and in the eastern sky, don’t let us forget to look in ourselves and to look in others.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment