Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Prayer for Tuesday, July 26, 2011

“Whoever Does the Will of My Father”

O God, it is a difficult and blessed privilege to be members of Jesus’ family because it means being disciples of Jesus which means following him in doing the will of the Father like he did the will of the Father.

And such doing of the Father’s will is, the record shows, rewarding in its costliness and costly in its rewards.

Give us strength and grace, O God, to follow Jesus in doing your will; enable and empower us to love, to give, and to serve as much as we, with your help, possibly can.

Amen.

“While he was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and his brothers were standing outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, ‘Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.’ But to the one who had told him this, Jesus replied, ‘Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?’ And pointing to his disciples, he said, ‘Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.” (Matthew 12:46-50)

No comments:

Post a Comment