Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Prayer for Sunday, June 26, 2011

“Lose Their Life”

Help us, Lord, to love you in a way that puts and keeps all our other loves in their proper perspective.

Help us, Lord, to follow Jesus in a way that puts and keeps all our other loyalties in their proper perspective.

Help us, Lord, to live our lives in a way that puts and keeps all of our life in its proper perspective.

Cause us to remember that while loving, following, and living in those ways is costly in the short term, it leads to real and abundant life in the long term.

Amen.

“Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Those who find their live will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it.” (Matthew 10:37-39)

No comments:

Post a Comment